Monday 25 May 2015

A Love Of God, Family & Country

Passing It Forward...

--By Rita Wysong
Bob comes from a family that lived in Germany and I believe France since a Wysong crest was found in a church in France.  Suzy painted a crest, made many framed copies and I sold them at Wysong reunions. Once we took Bobby and Trish  to a family reunion in Pa. and another time , we took John and Pris and J.P. to Las Vegas. We also attended a Tomlinson reunion in La. (Bob's mother's family). I attended 2 of his class reunions in Ind. and he attended my final class reunion in Mitchell, S.D. (the fourth one ).
45 Years... But Who's Counting?

Family has always been very important to Bob and he has taken his role as husband, father, and grandfather very seriously .  As much as he doted on his 3 girls, he was overjoyed when I produced two sons and hopefully one of the grandsons might carry on the Wysong name.

As I read this, it sounds like I am talking about Saint Robert.  Not so.  Bob has many good qualities, true, but like any human being, including me, he had his faults here and there. I think because he and I are not perfect (who is?) we never expected our kids or grandkids to be perfect either.  As long as they did their best, that was fine with us.  Also, our marriage ran into snags now and then but as I said in our last published piece in the newspaper about our being married for 70 years.  To have a happy marriage, "Never go to bed mad."  Bob's comment on having a happy marriage of 70 years, "Just don't die."

Bob always has had:

A love of God
A love of family
A  love of country

When one has this in one's life, one is wealthy indeed. In retrospect, I could have searched the world over and never found a man I could love as much as your Dad. Thank you, dear heart, for always being there when we needed you.

Love from your wife and sweetheart...

Rita Wysong